Saturday 28 March 2020

THE CURE

I still remember the day I buried my dog Bosco a golden furred Labrador. We were together since I was 4. Mom and dad had brought him as a birthday present. We grew up together...
We played together. I taught him many games and tricks, but his most loved game was ‘bring bring’ in which he we would bring the ball back thrown afar. Everything was going great. We were happy in our lives, enjoying ourselves, until suddenly he started acting weird. He started howling and growling for no reason. He just kept sitting in a corner all day long staring, being clueless. Didn't eat much or made eye contact with anyone. We all got worried and took him to the doctor where he was diagnosed with an incurable tumor in the brain. Devoid of any hope he was put to sleep.
I was shattered, my world went upside down. He was not just a dog...he was a family member...he was my younger brother. After he passed away, I started hallucinating him everywhere, developed psychiatric symptoms because of which I was taken to doctor. But even medicines didn't work. I found relief in sleeping all day because I didn’t want to open my eyes just to find out that he isn't there. I didn't want to face the reality.
But one day he came...and talked to me in human voice, he said; “Brother what have you done to yourself...you are not the one whom I have known from the day one, he was strong...he was caring....he was empathetic. I know you are disturbed with my death. But brother life must go on.... you have so many responsibilities on your shoulders...so much to accomplish in life. I will not allow you to morn my death anymore. Stay strong and take good care of mom and dad. I am always with you right there in your heart. Now leave all the worries aside and get up ...GET UP!”
I woke up with a jerk, soaked in sweat.
It was a dream... he came to cure me...to reinforce the sense of responsibility...to let me know that it's time to get okay, because he's okay. After that day I became alright. But the void he left in my life is still there. I miss him a lot...a lot!





2 comments: